Search the forum,

Discuss Crap coverage - back butter or up-a-notch in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

quick question. Using 8x8mm trowel for metro onto backer board in shower. BAL SPF and 8mm deep tile. Only getting about 80% coverage, would you up to 10mm or back butter?

They're the cheaper ones from CTD, lots of the tiles are bowed. Should I return and get the more expensive ones, do you get what your pay for?

Thanks fellas

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I bought a 10mm trowel but will stick with the 8mm, fingers crossed my tiling skills have improved since yesterday! Going to mix the adhesive in smaller batches, wasted a ton yesterday.

P

Perfect Tiling

Sometimes those tiles if bowed can be back buttered as well...but not to the extent that the addy oozes out of the grout lines. take the odd one out after you've placed it to check on the coverage.

Reply to Crap coverage - back butter or up-a-notch in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen