Search the forum,

Discuss Cracked grout lines in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

stevepybus

hello again everyone sorry its been a while been up to my eyes anyway, yeah i waterproofed the floor but managed to find out the problem i used the wrong adhesive :mad2: it said on the bag suitbutable for underfloor heating and i thought i had used it before but obviously not so had to take whole floor up which broke the underfloor heating so having to do the whole floor and underfloor heating again customer isnt impressed to be honest feel a bit let down by the tile company that supplied the adhesive because when all the gear arrived there was 3 bags of rapid set in blue bags and 2 yellow bags of weber what i thought were for the floor because i thought as there is more tiles going on wall thats what the blue bags are for anyway thanks everyone for the great advice as usual

moral of story read the adhesive bags properley :oops:

I

Ian

If you're having to redo the whole thing, do it with an insulation board instead of ply and, make sure you SLC over the cable before tiling.

S

stevepybus

Hello again thought I post a few pics of finished job lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 95
Q

Qwerty

The niche in the last photo looks as if the grout joints are out slightly with raised areas if grout, the tile trim has been butt jointed and the silicone at the back of the niche looks wonky?

Q

Qwerty

What is the situation with the end of the bath too? Looks as if a slither of tile or trim has been put in the gap. Could be my eyes though!

Reply to Cracked grout lines in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen