Currently reading:
cost to you

Discuss cost to you in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott the tiler

Some years ago I had a young employee who asked me what I was doing that evening. Bowling I replied. He said everytime I go bowling I always throw my hand up like this at which stage he hit the ceiling lightshade which fell to the floor and smashed. Later I informed the client to our misfortune only to be told that this was a limited edition from Belgium and only 20 were ever made. Cost 5,000. She went beserk, fortunately her husband came to see the commotion and said oh that thing I broke it 2 weeks ago and just placed the glass on the wedges Im surprised it lasted this long. PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Mixing addy with a drill in doors..........(new build no carpets, furniture yet)
Walls had just been mist coated.........You can guess

My paddle was past its best and decided it did'nt fancy being welded together anymore.........chuffing stuff sprayed an almost perfect line.......up 1 wall........across the ceiling......and down the other side.

The painter was not best pleased :incazzato::incazzato:

He was an ar55e anyway :lol::lol:

C

Colour Republic

I didn't reply to this thread as I didn't think I’d made any mistakes noteworthy, but how could I forget!

A few years back I installed a new central heating system in a 3 bed house, so I installed all the pipe work and rads but the Boiler wasn't going to be on site for another couple of weeks so I made a connection between the water mains and the Flow/Return so I could pressure test it. No leaks...lovely. Later that day we removed one of the rads on the first floor so we could decorate. No problem just isolate at the thermostatic valve. End of the day we leave (for the weekend). 2 days later my mate is driving past the job and notices that the bricks look wet at the front of the house, strange it's the height of summer. He goes in to find that I hadn't disconnected the system from the mains and the thermostatic valves had opened :yikes::yikes::yikes: It was coming out at a rate of knots and had filled the cavity up by 3 foot!!!

Luckily for me, we were gutting the house so it didn't really cause any damage, the only thing it did drown was my cordless drill charger was cost me £90 to replace. Serves me right really

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
CC reminded me on another Thread.

I was on a kitchen mosaic job in an Edinburgh tenement block..........4 bloody flights up as well :incazzato::incazzato::incazzato:

I nipped out onto the landing for a sly puff...........the sun was actually out for a change, so I thought i would flick the large sash window up and have my smoke and see wots going on outside.

Window was bloody painted up quite bad and it took a bit of a yank to get up.......but it did eventually. Anyway, i had a nice smoke and ducked back in and tried to shut said sticky window. It all of a sudden came bashing down and I heard the tell tale "CRACK" as a big pain of glass just split, from top to bottom:yikes::yikes:

Next smoke I walked the 4 flights down :smilewinkgrin:

D

david campbell

CC reminded me on another Thread.

I was on a kitchen mosaic job in an Edinburgh tenement block..........4 bloody flights up as well :incazzato::incazzato::incazzato:

I nipped out onto the landing for a sly puff...........the sun was actually out for a change, so I thought i would flick the large sash window up and have my smoke and see wots going on outside.

Window was bloody painted up quite bad and it took a bit of a yank to get up.......but it did eventually. Anyway, i had a nice smoke and ducked back in and tried to shut said sticky window. It all of a sudden came bashing down and I heard the tell tale "CRACK" as a big pain of glass just split, from top to bottom:yikes::yikes:

Next smoke I walked the 4 flights down :smilewinkgrin:

smoking is bad for windows!
please don't tell bill gates!

P

penno

Customer was having a huge corner bath installed when the tiling was done, still wanted tiles underneath the bath. To save money he wanted cheap tiles under the bath out of sight and the expensive ones on the rest of the floor, in view.
Did the job, mmmm 2 different tiles, which is which?, surely the cheap ones are those full of dust with raps of tape around them?.

2 hours later = ooopppsss

Reply to cost to you in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.