Search the forum,

Discuss Cost of removal /refit of sanitary ware in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

obobsmith

Hi guys looking for advice, I have qoted for a job for cust ( think she is going to go with me ), but she asked me to find out how much a Plumber should be taking to remove and refit toilets and basins in two small bathroom, her usual man has quoted £280, would that be about right.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Knowing what the local rates p/h for plumbers would help, I think a plumber I was talking to recently was charging £35 per hour, so if you say 2 half shifts, one to remove and one to refit, it sounds about right, could you not do it yourself, save her a couple of ££££'s and make a couple yourself ???

O

obobsmith

Knowing what the local rates p/h for plumbers would help, I think a plumber I was talking to recently was charging £35 per hour, so if you say 2 half shifts, one to remove and one to refit, it sounds about right, could you not do it yourself, save her a couple of ££££'s and make a couple yourself ???

Would if I felt confident about it, but I dont:lol::lol:

G

grumpygrouter

You have insurance issues if you "do it yourself". make sure you are covered if anything goes wrong.

S

smurf21

If the pipe work is on flexi connectors do it yourself if not on flexi with the addition of tiles and whatever prep then pipework may need adjusting so go with plumber but the price seem about right for a plumber.:8:

O

obobsmith

You have insurance issues if you "do it yourself". make sure you are covered if anything goes wrong.

Thats part of the Confidence thing, I'm not, only for Tiling. Although I'd love to be able to/or find a friendly Plumber.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think i'll just let her know that her Plumber is quoting her the going rate, ( and have a chat with him and try and build my contacts ), it's not easy starting out and I dont need any more stress at this point.:thumbsup:

O

obobsmith

If the pipe work is on flexi connectors do it yourself if not on flexi with the addition of tiles and whatever prep then pipework may need adjusting so go with plumber but the price seem about right for a plumber.:8:

Thanks mate they are not all flexi, but it's more the MAIN waste :yikes: that worries (polite explanation ) me offset wastes straight wastes agggh and the rather unpleasent consequencies of getting it wrong, smelly ooze, damaged rep, and getting sued:yikes::yikes:

F

faithhealer

With Russ here, not worth the risk if not covered. Water can do a lot of (expensive) damage.
I would say that is also about the right price. (I know some of the plumbers on the sister forum charge £250 a day!)

O

obobsmith

With Russ here, not worth the risk if not covered. Water can do a lot of (expensive) damage.
I would say that is also about the right price. (I know some of the plumbers on the sister forum charge £250 a day!)
Yep thought price was about right and I'm not taking the risk cheers guys.:thumbsup:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Crikey - I do it for free. No way my customers would pay that

Reply to Cost of removal /refit of sanitary ware in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen