Search the forum,

Discuss Corner finishing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Cookcroft

Does any one know an alternative to silicone for internal wall tiled corners, (gaps a little big), is there a product similar to normal tile trim used on windows etc? that could give a clean finish:oops:

This is my first post so I hope its OK and you Guys can help

Cookcroft

D

DHTiling

Hello and welcome..

You can get corner finish trims like these from schluter..
Schlüter®-DILEX-EKE/-EF
spacer.gif
DILEX_EKE_200_130.jpg

Schlüter-DILEX-EKE and Schlüter-DILEX-EF are single-part corner profiles for interior wall corners. If the floor covering is not constructed as a floating screed, Schlüter-DILEX-EKE and Schlüter-DILEX-EF may also be used as flexible floor/wall transitions. The trapezoid perforated, lateral anchoring legs are firmly embedded in the adhesive below the tile covering. In the case of Schlüter-DILEX-EKE, one of the anchoring legs forms a chamber for inserting cut tile edges. In the case of Schlüter-DILEX-EF, the tiles abut the profile from both sides, leaving a uniform joint space. The tile surface can be either flush with the profile edge or up to approx. 2 mm lower, which allows for choosing a variety of tile thicknesses. Completely fill the joint between the profile and the tiles with grout (or partly with tile adhesive during installation). The visible movement zone is only 5 mm wide. It must be verified for individual projects whether this 5 mm zone is sufficient for the expected movements.

Schlüter-Systems UK Homepage +44 (0) 1530 813396 - Schlüter-Systems

D

doug boardley

:welcome: to the forums Cookcroft, as Dave has already posted, try Schluter:thumbsup:

B

Big-Smudge

Does any one know an alternative to silicone for internal wall tiled corners, (gaps a little big), is there a product similar to normal tile trim used on windows etc? that could give a clean finish:oops:

This is my first post so I hope its OK and you Guys can help

Cookcroft

Have a look at this, its a little low quality (for the time being) but it shows how to use cornertape around a bath and more importantly how to do those tricky 3 way corners easily with cornertape.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEj_GzgJGDk]YouTube - How to seal a bath with cornertape and silicone. www.nofinger.co.uk[/ame]

Cheers
Andy

G

Gazzer

Thats a large gap ? Why so large, is it not possible to remove tiles and cut larger ones into place?

S

smurf21

EKI.gif
you could try this from genesis its not ideal but may solve the problem seeing as howthe gap varies if stripping the tiles and recutting isnt an option:thumbsup:

Reply to Corner finishing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen