Discuss Cordless Flexvolt grinders in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
i currently have a mains voltage Makita grinder I use just for drilling and also a cordless 18v dewalt grinder I use for cutting.

My question is does anyone have the Flexvolt grinder as I’m looking at upgrading? How good is the run time mainly, obviously more power would be nice?
I’m invested into the dewalt cordless platform so won’t be moving away from them, over time I will upgrade other tools to Flexvolt also if worth while

W

Waluigi

It’ll be brilliant.

I’m very close to going for a high powered one myself but the Metabo one.

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
If I do get one I know it’ll end in me spending a small fortune on Flexvolt gear like plunge saw, circular saw, table saw, mitre saw etc

I vowed to go as cordless as possible after I broke both my wrists a couple of years back tripping over the lead to my planner. Flexvolt gives me that chance. Just need a spare few £k lol

W

Waluigi

Youll need the mixer. That’s the big one and the reason I went for it with a high power system.

W

Waluigi

All the companies are developing stuff. I think it’s just Dewalt and Metabo that have the powerful batteries but I might be wrong.

Give it a few years and it’ll all be cordless. I think Metabo have a 9” grinder out now and developing a drone light that follows you around providing you with light.

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
As I’m already into dewalt 18v and Flexvolt is cross compatible it’s a no brainer for me. It’s gives me the chance to upgrade slowly.

W

Waluigi

I wasn’t suggesting you should go for a different brand, just saying how brilliant some of the kit is going to be :)

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
You are right, battery and motor tech is changing so fast it won’t be long before corded tools are dead

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Can that flexvolt battery with any 18v dewalt then
Screenshot_20181028-055950_eBay.jpg

W

Waluigi

“The XR FLEXVOLT battery is compatible with all DEWALT XR 18V cordless products“

Although normal batteries can’t be used on the flexvolt tools as they have a powerful motor that needs the more powerful battery.

F

Flintstone

I think the downside on a tool such as a grinder is the extra weight of the tool and the battery which will weigh a lot !

W

Waluigi

I think the downside on a tool such as a grinder is the extra weight of the tool and the battery which will weigh a lot !

Good point. I can’t say I’ve had experience with the Dewalt. I’ve held the Metabo grinder which you can get the high power batteries for as low as 3.5Ah and it’s not too heavy at all plus the battery being twistable is a nice feature.

Reply to Cordless Flexvolt grinders in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks