Search the forum,

Discuss Confused by trowel notch sizes. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sWe

Hmm, seems alot of people are having trouble getting good coverage... Try this modell:

schneegans.jpg

It rocks oh so very much, I get full or very-near full coverage on pretty much anything, all the time, though it's not supposed to be used with mosaics. It's for use on horizontal surfaces.

Linky: http://www.europeantilemasters.com/schneegans_products.html

D

DS Tiling

my god it looks like the wife :love:

Nice one...:lol:

Mz30 I agree with the more uneven substrate then the larger the trowel within limits of course. I would however try and achieve 100% coverage for any floor installation. Back buttering may be used to level out the finished surface but the context I was referring to it was adhesive coverage. If you are working with such large tiles then I am sure you have came across tiles that have heavily keyed backs or some can be quite concave. The concave can be quite evident in some brick bond installs. I use the larger trowel to eliminate voids which is quite the opposite from which you suggest. IMO it is to do with filling the voids not creating them. At the end of the day if you pull a tile every so often and are happy with the coverage then each to their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fekin

Hmm, seems alot of people are having trouble getting good coverage... Try this modell:

schneegans.jpg

It rocks oh so very much, I get full or very-near full coverage on pretty much anything, all the time, though it's not supposed to be used with mosaics. It's for use on horizontal surfaces.

Linky: broken link removed

Looks more like a murder weapon :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Confused by trowel notch sizes. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen