Search the forum,

Discuss Cleaning up mortar from porcelain? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi!

We've just finished laying tile for our first job, DIY for our garage workshop. We've gone with wood-effect porcelain tile for our floor, on top of some ditra on top of screed. Nice and flat, and we're pretty happy.

We've made a bit of a mess though. Mortar came up through the gaps given how much we had to lay, and though we cleaned as we went, plenty got on our shoes, made some patches. Nothing's beyond repair, as a good scrub seems to remove everything nicely. But it's a hell of a scrub, especially around the grout lines where some mortar stains the tile and takes a lot of time to get out. Is there any cleaning products, or machines that would help make this far less of a scrub, before we get around to the grouting?

Attachments

• 275117225_936734247028031_3111941244233420264_n.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 24

Reply to Cleaning up mortar from porcelain? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen