Search the forum,

Discuss Ceiling Finish in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Nett

Hi all,

Good advice wecome,

Just ready to start tiling our bathroom but would like to get the smoothest finish possible on the ceiling avoiding any plasterbord joint movement and those fine line cracks, is lining the ceiling an option?

all advice very gratefully recieved.

Thanks

W

White Room

Actually it does, the paper tape will allow a certain amount of movement where as plaster is very brittle and more enclined to crack.

Just to add British Gypsum also started to recommend paper tape for scrimming ceiling and walls to allow for less cracking with the usual standard scrim joint.

M

mattle40

Iv always wanted to give this method a try, something I could do so extra money for me rather than getting another trade in...
This is the primary method in Canada and u.s and their standards are better than ours IMO

Reply to Ceiling Finish in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen