Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Carpet Protector in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spare Tool

Doing an ensuite next week in a 3 storey town house, cream carpets top to bottom so thought I'd invest in a roll of carpet protector, bought a roll off ebay £15 for 100m, seemed a god deal till it turned up today and don't seem stick to carpet..useless, any recommendations?

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I can't remember. I think it's 50mtrs but could be wrong. For me it's all about the sticky. It does what it says on the tin, nice and thick as well. I've tried the cheaper ones, as you say not sticky, also you come back the next day and they have all come up. The topps one does last the entire job, which for me is better value.

S

Spare Tool

I can't remember. I think it's 50mtrs but could be wrong. For me it's all about the sticky. It does what it says on the tin, nice and thick as well. I've tried the cheaper ones, as you say not sticky, also you come back the next day and they have all come up. The topps one does last the entire job, which for me is better value.
Obviously you get what you pay for, already ditched my roll in the bin...£15 down the drain, I will be leaving a negative feedback :|

D

dave l and l

ask them if carpet has scotch guard or some other stain protection on it, i have had same problem before,and that was the cause the two rolls i bought would not stick, ended up buying a few polythene backed dust sheets,,

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
£38. Bargain, I would never pay that. To be fair my local Topps are pretty good. There isn't much else around here so it's good that they do look after me.

Reply to Carpet Protector in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks