Currently reading:
can you fix 6mm hardibacker over floorboards

Search the forum,

Discuss can you fix 6mm hardibacker over floorboards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

might sound like a daft question but ive only ever used the hardibacker boards over ply but ive been asked to go over floorboards with them. ive been on there website but cant find a answer

thanks in advance for any advice
Personally I don't like hardi backer as I have been to cracked floors and found cracked hardi underneath the tiles and it has cracked along join in chipboard . I have never seen this on a well prepared ply and membraned floor .

T

Time's Ran Out

Personally I don't like hardi backer as I have been to cracked floors and found cracked hardi underneath the tiles and it has cracked along join in chipboard . I have never seen this on a well prepared ply and membraned floor .
Then there had to be substantial movement in the subfloor, lack of joint preparation, or a combination of both.

Reply to can you fix 6mm hardibacker over floorboards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement