Currently reading:
Can Anyone Offer Advice On A Rookie Mistake?

Discuss Can Anyone Offer Advice On A Rookie Mistake? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I've not used tubbed gear for years. I'm not va tiler by trade so strictly diy but I find bagged much easier. As I said...just my experience. I've caused unibond tubs, bal tubs, bostick tubs, wickes very own. At various times and on various projects. Never had a ctile fall off as a result of adhesive failure though.

S

SJPurdy

The walls were tiled before and they lasted for years before being removed. The tiles and addy layer (assumed) have been removed but any old primer that soaked into the plaster wall to reduce suction (if necessary) before the old tiling is probably still there. The ready mixed addys are designed to be used on plaster walls but if the wall is absorbent they need priming (to reduce suction) so that the moisture in the adhesive isn't sucked away to quickly leaving a (very) weak bond.
If all the tiles but the one that came loose are firmly fixed then I would assume that they will stay that way. The one tile that popped out may have done so for another reason eg a blob of contaminant in the addy.

Reply to Can Anyone Offer Advice On A Rookie Mistake? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views

Advertisement