Search the forum,

Discuss builders....! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

So I turns up to fit a bathroom and tile the walls...blind mind..and he present's me with a difference of 22mm where he wants me to tile over tiles and part wall..and so its 2 mm proud so he can skim up to tiles on far right,where he has left the wooden pillar in...tiles are 8mm !..don't you love em..think ill glue and screw 6mm hardi on walls to take up some slack !

Attachments

• IMG_2203.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2200.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 58
M

Mr T

so the lip on that pillar is 22mm? what did he say when you suggested adding the hardi into the equation?

I

ian158

no the difference from the plaster board right of pillar, when running a straight edge to the tiles on left is 22mm...he said fine do what is needed..extra money..but looking at the pillar it could of come out and a stud wall to match would of been easy enough..just lazy i think.

M

Mr T

ive edited this because ive just realised what you said... doh! lol.. wouldnt it be wrong to remove a pillar? or would the stud wall be holding the weight?

I

ian158

Not a load bearing wall so yea..stud it all the way...fixing 600x300 charcoal cheap tiles brick bond...and tiles are bowed...showed them but they want it brick bond..arrgggh !

M

Mr T

haha good luck on the job mate and dont forget the pics to show the complete turn around! :thumbsup:

Reply to builders....! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen