Search the forum,

Discuss Builders !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
i cant believe the way they treat peeps, got a call last week from one with dimensions we gave him a price he accepted !! arranged a start date ,night before he telephoned me and says there is a problem with the edging tiles don't come then 2 days of me ringing and no reply ,so just rang the pool-company who recommended us !! they said he was having the job done now by somebody els,as i could not start quickly enough ,well the bloody cheek :mad2::mad2::mad2: then it make's it sound to the guy's who recommended me that i'am the one dithering :mad2: i really needed that job as well ! just when you think you can't get any -lower somebody gives you a spade :mad2:

E

enduro

I try and stay away from builders now...They always want a cheap price so they can stick a large % on for themselves. And nothing is ever ready..They always want a weeks job done in a day...Your always holding other trades up (Not)..When customer moans that jobs are taking to long to get completed..Its your fault, when things go right the builder takes all the credit for it..:)

Reaction score
i think he was just keeping us in the frame on hold as an option ! while he waited for confirmation from somebody els then started them as they were probs cheaper !! gutted i just seem to be having problem after problem at the moment........

S

Spud

one builder i work for is giving me the run around on payment at the moment 2 partners in the company one claims he knows nothing what the other one does when it comes to finances ,i am getting so fed up i will go direct to the customer soon as she has said she will pay everyone directly if this clown hasnt coughed by the weekend

Reaction score
i think there is a lot of trouble all round for everyone at the moment, just seems all the rules have gone out the window,when you try to be honest and straight -up and you keep getting -on it makes me think mybe if you cant beat them you should join them ,and be hard on others as well!!........

Last edited by a moderator:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just working with a builder friend of mine. He's repointing the house while I do the wetroom. He got rained off this afternoon and rather than go home he carried 40m of tiles up 2 flights of stairs for me....What a decent chap

I'm just waiting for the invoice :lol:

Reaction score
OH yes there are some great builders out there as well !! its just a few bad apples IMO but there seems a few more about at the mo,when everyones scrabbling for money , i will have to take a look at who we get involved with and be a bit more picky rather than just take any at face value lol.......

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i only do work for a few builders that i know, and have worked with for years, anyone new builders i dont bother with, it may have cost me work ,but my stress levels this year have gone way down..

Reply to Builders !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen