Search the forum,

Discuss Builders and plywood in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The other thread reminded me that last week I had some success "educating" a builder I do work for.

all he has ever done in showers is ply the walls and tile! Up to now e has had no problems. I fitting the heating,bathrooms and tiling in 8 new 2 bed flats. All have 1700 x 800mm walk in showers.

the good news is I've convinced him to fit insulation boards and tank them out with ardex.:hurray:

they do listen if you explain the long teem benefits

C

Colour Republic

TBF to builders for many years they listened to tilers telling them that WPB ply was the best thing you can put in a wet area so you can forgive them if it sunk in so much over the years that they are stuck in their ways despite methods and quality of materials moving on. I'm sure if fhis forum existed 20 years ago many on here would be advising PLY being the weapon of choice. It's not like they are going for the cheap option, in many ways its more expensive to be installing quality WBP ply.

T

TJ Smiler

Very good point mate.

Wonder what there excuse is for spot fixing and PVA lol

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've got 2 builders that I work for regularly and they are both great. One will let me prep or he will prep it however I want. The other has always done all wet areas with wedi long before I started with him. All joints are always taped too

Reply to Builders and plywood in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen