Discuss Budget 2017 - What does it mean for us? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Q

Qwerty

So, tomorrow the chancellor announces the budget. But what does this mean for us tradesmen (& women)?

Budget 2017: Fuel duty set to rise and it’s more bad news for diesel drivers - https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/882284/Budget-2017-diesel-prices-UK-fuel-duty-petrol-cars

One change that is more than likely going to affect all of us is that the budget could see fuel prices at the pump shoot up by 12p a litre before christmas!!!!

We won't know exactly what changes are to be made but one thing is for certain...... by this time next month we will all be that little bit worse off financially :(

R

Rookery

I don't expect to notice too much one way or the other. It'll be give with one hand, take it away with the other. Labour slagging it all off. All a big yawn.

T

Time's Ran Out

I heard he was going to reduce the rate of VAT on tiles as he wanted 3 bathrooms tiled at No 11!
I might be mistaken of course and it might be he was going to stick his arse in a Vat of apple cider vinegar to reduce the size of his piles by a third!

B

Blunt Tool

Will rob the poor to give to the rich always has been always will be, then blame it on foreigners!

Q

Qwerty

So it looks like it's not all that bad! A few points that may affect us..........

• VAT threshold for small business to remain at £85,000 for two years
  • Tax-free personal allowance on income tax to rise to £11,850 in April 2018
  • Higher-rate tax threshold to increase to £46,350
  • Fuel duty rise for petrol and diesel cars scheduled for April 2018 scrapped
  • Vehicle excise duty for new diesel cars not meeting latest standards to rise by one band in April 2018
  • Tax hike will not apply to van owners
  • Existing diesel supplement in company car tax to rise by 1%

R

Rookery

So hardly any difference then. The cake is just cut up slightly differently as I expected.

Reply to Budget 2017 - What does it mean for us? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks