Search the forum,

Discuss Brickbond pattern drift in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all! Am currently having the bathroom renovated and have got some doubts about the quality of the tiling done so far. How much horizontal drift is reasonable in the grout line of brickbond tiles when moving up a wall? At present the edge of the tiles have moved about 10 mm to the right from plumb and there's still quite a few rows to go before reaching full height.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20221211_013332.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 31

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
I'd have a word with the tiler and check it with a laser level or spirit level if it's bothering you. Hanging a measuring tape down the wall tells us nothing

E

Edd The Tiler

Thanks for the response. Plumber agreed this morning that it's off and is going to redo a few of the rows.
Glad you sorted it out before he'd gone any further then! Well done for spotting it early on and addressing it 👍

Reaction score
Yeah, for some reason he's lost his centre line and start lines going up the wall. The tiling seems to be well done but he should really come back down 5 rows or more and restart. With white grout it might not be as noticeable but it'll be something that will annoy you now that you know it's there.......

Reply to Brickbond pattern drift in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen