Search the forum,

Discuss Bowed wall in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

steles

-
Reaction score
I have nicked a corner of a bedroom to make an ensuite shower/toilet another bedroom. I am tiling the whole ensuite room, however one of the walls has is built with blockwork and plastered and has about a 10mm bow in the middle. Can I level this bow out by using bonding plaster on top of the original skim and then tile to the bonding. i.e. would the bonding adhere to the original skim?
thanks

D

Dumbo

Not a great idea , the best thing is take the plaster off and then fix jackoboard in its place flat and vertical as per manufacturers instructions .

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd have thought making a structure over the top that's flat using plasterboard or a tile backer board will stand the test of time and he easy to tile to.

steles

-
Reaction score
Hi thanks everyone for your advice. I decided to dot and dab a moisture board over the bow and that has done the job :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Reply to Bowed wall in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen