Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Before and After thread in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Rob Z

I was just going through a stack of CD's, looking for photos to use for a website. I think I posted a few shots of this job before here at the forum, but I hadn't organized the pics this way. All are taken from approximately the same vantage point, and show the progress over the course of about 7 months.

This job was designed, complete with all construction specifications, drawings, and material selections, by a local designer with whom we have done numerous jobs.

This was one of those jobs that was a real PITA while we were doing it, but once we were finished we were glad we got to do it.

The back of this house (circa 1890) had sunk approximately 13 inches. It was stabilized sometime in the 1930's, but several generations of remodeling had attempted to level the floors by laying in multiple layers of lumber and flooring. By the time we got done with the demo and pulled everything out, the floor joists at the back door were ~13 inches below the point from where I took the photos.

Attachments

• demo dining room wall.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 30
  • reframing floor.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 27
  • subfloor down.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Eddy demands lunch.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 31
  • bathroom framed.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rob Z

some more....

Attachments

• hardwood flooring.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 23
  • start cabinets.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 24
  • stainless steel counter and stone.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 24
  • finishing job.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 24
R

Rob Z

So, let's see some photos from your jobs, along the theme of "before and after". All types of construction would be of interest.:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

'New Yankee Workshop' springs to mind.
Good job - just needs a big 600x600mm shiny porcelain on the floor!:lol:

Interesting thread - not sure if I have any 'befores'.

M

mikethetile

I started to take before and afters before I got a digital camera so I could show the difference but it was heres a room undecorated , heres same room decorated

they were never interested as the shots dont show the quality of the work , so now I just send them to see my completed work if they havent already seen it

boring I know , they also get to speak direct with my customers who invariably tell them how much tea I drink in a day:oops:

R

Rob Z

'New Yankee Workshop' springs to mind.
Good job - just needs a big 600x600mm shiny porcelain on the floor!:lol:

Interesting thread - not sure if I have any 'befores'.

John, not visible in the photo is the 12" X 12" porcelain tile we set. And the backsplash behind the range was 4" X 4" travertine set to the ceiling.

The good thing about being the general contractor is controlling the quality of our substrates. We framed the walls for the back splash and framed the floor under the tile 2.5 " below the other flooring. We then mudded up to just below the level of the hardwood flooring, and were able to set the tile flush with the hardwood.

So, there was a little bit of tile in that job. :)

Reply to Before and After thread in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks