Discuss Been caught out by CTD (Bristol)? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Just been out to CTD Bristol. They often bombard us with emails on latest offers, but earlier this week they advertised a "Trade Evening" in Bristol - to be held between 4pm and 8pm tonight.

Now I am cynical to marketing allures, but a free bag of adhesive, free BBQ food, prize draw raffles, plus support from a range of manufacturers (Hardibacker, BAL, Mapei, Raychem etc) is enough to tempt even the hardest working tilers after a days toil. Yep. What a great idea - an evening trade event. I completed my days tiling, got home for a shower and bit of tea, then drove the 40 minutes to get to CTD.

And it was shut...........

And I was not the only tiler caught out - I met a tiler from Nailsea (also making free time after a full days work) - we examined the padlocks on the gate together.

So another hour and a half lost in my life. No free addy. No free burnt hot dog. No pens, mugs, T-shirts. No demonstrations.

Thank you CTD Bristol.

Anyone else caught out? :mad2:

I

Ian

Just make sure you've got the right date before you give someone a gob full down the phone! :)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It was next Thursday. ...dohhh !!

Only kidding.........check date then phone them and demand a thousand pounds free credit. .

Q

Qwerty

CTD Poole did a similar thing recently stating the trade day was on a day when in fact it was the following day. [emoji35]

Reaction score
Ok. This was a bit of a rant. :lol:

I did wonder how many others had got caught out - I will say that CTD have established themselves as a genuine supporter of trade customers. I am only an occasional user of them because Tileflair are closer to me and offer outstanding trade support. Tile Giant are also on my list of favourite trade suppliers because their staff genuinely work to offer you some real savings and go the extra mile to discount goods.

I tend to use the supplier that is closest to my work - I pick up jobs in a wide radius of where I am based because many local tilers are offering their services very cheaply and I want to do more than a kitchen splashback or 2 rows around a bath. As a result I have experienced some excellent trade service in some very out of the way places as well as some outrageously expensive suppliers who don't seem to care less about trade customers.

So the next time I visit CTD in Bristol I will ask what happened, and accept a free coffee in compensation. :8:

Reaction score
Just come off the phone.... the manager of CTD phoned and offered apologies, explaining that it was so quiet between 6 and 7 they closed early because they thought nobody was arriving.

I don't think I have ever received genuine customer support like that since I started in this business (I have become used to "like it or lump it" from many shops - the ones mentioned above excepted).

Thank you CTD. :hurray:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I don't think i would of been happy with just an apology. 40 minute drive to find it closed, because they "thought" no one was coming!?

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I would be annoyed. I'm sure the Manager will sort you out with some extra discount next time.

I went to the last trade day at CTD Hampton. Got 3 for 2 on bags of Ardex after seeing a demo. Discount Dave was pretty quiet at the beginning of the year, but now he has returned. Just waiting for another deal on SPF so I can stock up. Normal prices are creeping up.

I was also asked to pull the winning business card out of the box for a free roll of Ditra. If a tiler did not have a business card then he could write his details on a piece of paper. I put my card in, then I pulled out the winning piece of paper!!!!!! If I had put my brain in that day I would have thought to rummage around for a card. So, if you happen to find yourself entering a free draw for good prize, remember that a piece of paper is bigger than a small business card and that you will probably increase your chance of winning.

Reply to Been caught out by CTD (Bristol)? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley