Discuss Bct, Laura Ashley, Mr Jones floor tiles discoloured after a few weeks in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Laura Ashley Tile Mr Jones
From British ceramic tiles
2nd fix off the same tile same issue not glazed discoloured one of their reps admitted that there has been a misfiring issue with the kiln shocking that they are still selling then

Screenshot_20180920-113609.jpg

T

Time's Ran Out

Not sure what your saying!
Can see a shading issue but did you lay them like that or has the tile changed.
As tilers we know that this range are unsuitable for floors.

Reaction score
They were sold as floor tiles and advertised as floor tiles, they were fine when they went down, but in the daylight you could see a difference in the sheen coming off the tile, the ones with an almost matt finish or no glazed discoloured and looked horrendous in a matter of weeks

T

Time's Ran Out

If you’ve had the rep out you should have got your money back with what he’s admitted.
Did you do it yourself?

A

Al875319

Not sure what your saying!
Can see a shading issue but did you lay them like that or has the tile changed.
As tilers we know that this range are unsuitable for floors.
Can I ask, as a non tiler who is about to order them for the floor, why they aren't suitable? BCT advertise them as such but if you have had problems with them, I'd love to know before I order. Thanks!

T

Time's Ran Out

If you pick up a tile, turn it over and ‘wet’ the back, if it changes colour/accepts moisture then it is not suitable to be laid on a floor. The biscuit of the tile is that of a wall tile which is very soft and will crack when fixed over any board surface.
I’am not aware of any British manufacturer that make floor tiles these days. Most are made in the EU and boxed for the British market.
I personally have not had any problems with this range as I refuse to use them.

W

WetSaw

The biscuit ( body) of the tile is too thin, fragile and poor quality to be considered for a floor tile.

W

Waluigi

B&Q is filled with ceramic tiles that are ‘suitable for wall and floor’ yet in reality they aren’t. It’s a disgrace really and any Tiler with even the slightest bit of knowledge will flag it as soon as they see the tile.

Reaction score
Some of the pictures you can see there is a different glazes in the natural on some tiles then there are pictures of the tile after a month completely discoloured it happened twice to us six month apart all the same batch

IMG-20180825-WA0016.jpg IMG-20180822-WA0009.jpg IMG-20180823-WA0001.jpg IMG-20180825-WA0007.jpg IMG-20180825-WA0017.jpg IMG-20180825-WA0002.jpg IMG-20180825-WA0010.jpg IMG-20180825-WA0004.jpg IMG-20180825-WA0003.jpg IMG-20180825-WA0014.jpg

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is it the adhesive coming up through the tile maybe?

A

Al875319

Thanks for all the replies. That's really helpful and rather shocking that this happens. Do you have any recommendations for decent brands that do proper floor tiles in this sort of style? Several of our local tile shops have these displayed as floor tiles so I am reluctant to ask them!

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. That's really helpful and rather shocking that this happens. Do you have any recommendations for decent brands that do proper floor tiles in this sort of style? Several of our local tile shops have these displayed as floor tiles so I am reluctant to ask them!
Have a look in CTD

D

Deleted member 51507

Laura Ashley Tile Mr Jones
From British ceramic tiles
2nd fix off the same tile same issue not glazed discoloured one of their reps admitted that there has been a misfiring issue with the kiln shocking that they are still selling then

View attachment 100909
Did you get this resolved with British Ceramic Tile. I have got this problem, within matter of days most of tiles got darker. Only 3 or 4 nice and white. I complained and today told me not their responsibility. I have told homebase I want a refund so waiting to hear.
Disgusting they can sell these.

Reply to Bct, Laura Ashley, Mr Jones floor tiles discoloured after a few weeks in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks