Search the forum,

Discuss batten in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

saintdom

tried to work without a piece of batten today for the first and last time:mad2::mad2::mad2:

a combination of awkward positioning of pipes and the most solid wall ive had the pleasure of meant i struggled fixing a batten to the wall and in the end tried just using the pencil line, used white star but as i thought the slippage caused real problems. whats the best way you guys have found to combat this cause i was on the edge of losing the plot today

N

nik73

draw ure line as you did then knock some pins in and rest ure tiles on them do a course then check with level could try that

S

saintdom

cheers fellas, i seen them monty the other week and thought it a bit of an unessasary cost but i might be swayed now:thumbsup:

A

alex1963

i tiled a bathroom last week .600x 300 polished porc, floor to ceiling ,with my usual ardex mastic ,1.5mm joints and zero slump ,but i must admit that it was on plasterboard as we dont have solid walls here. i havnt used a batton for at least 10 years and nor do the other 35 odd tilers working in this area!

A

Alberta Stone

I pack a can of hardwood finishing nails with me and when a tile is slipping a wee bit I just tack a pin or 2 to keep it in place.
You can reuse them indefinitely as you will likely never bend them.
or you can use a straightedge held in place with the little jacks or such.
Or use a long straight board which is pinned in place or propped up with 2x2 legs (I do that when nails are not possible)
So lots of ways if you put your thoughts onto it.

D

Droopy

:whatchutalkingabout
i tiled a bathroom last week .600x 300 polished porc, floor to ceiling ,with my usual ardex mastic ,1.5mm joints and zero slump ,but i must admit that it was on plasterboard as we dont have solid walls here. i havnt used a batton for at least 10 years and nor do the other 35 odd tilers working in this area!

600x300 porcelain with ready mixed adhesive.

Good luck with that.

Reply to batten in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen