Search the forum,

Discuss bath panel help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

boldydave

hello all.just after a bit of advice about finishing a tiled bath panel.do you finish the panel flush with the front of the bath or do you come up under the top rim of the bath or, is every bath different? thanks in advance, dave.

D

dave l and l

some are different however if you can i would try to get it under the top rim of the bath

P

Perry

pjc-albums-dewalt-picture33800t-2011-09-22-17-50-37.jpg
pjc-albums-dewalt-picture33801t-2011-10-07-12-18-07.jpg
One we done earlier and you can have an access panel as shown
http://www.tilersforums.com/members/pjc-albums-dewalt-picture33801-2011-10-07-12-18-07.html
http://www.tilersforums.com/members/pjc-albums-dewalt-picture33800-2011-09-22-17-50-37.html

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bugs183

Chances are the bath will have a slight bow in it so so to get it flush can be a real wotsit. Set the tiles back a bit as above.

P

Perfect Tiling

I make it so the tiles are back and under the front of the bath. If you make the frame so that you allow for the tiles, adhesive and board (plasterboard or hardibacker) then you can make it so the whole panel will come out if needed. I try to do it so that the top of the panel goes in first then you push the bottom back to the frame. If you get the fit right it will be solid once siliconed and to remove in the future just cut the silicon and pull out at the bottom using suction cups. Just make sure that if the bath is in a recess the tiles on the sides don't reduce in width so the panel wont go in. Hope this makes sense.

P

Perry

I make it so the tiles are back and under the front of the bath. If you make the frame so that you allow for the tiles, adhesive and board (plasterboard or hardibacker) then you can make it so the whole panel will come out if needed. I try to do it so that the top of the panel goes in first then you push the bottom back to the frame. If you get the fit right it will be solid once siliconed and to remove in the future just cut the silicon and pull out at the bottom using suction cups. Just make sure that if the bath is in a recess the tiles on the sides don't reduce in width so the panel wont go in. Hope this makes sense.
i wouldn't like to lift it i would rather go as my picture

P

Perfect Tiling

Not too bad to lift...you wouldn't be taking it far. The last one I did was for a whirlpool bath so it had to have full frontal access (wish my wife had the same)......it was part of the guarantee (wish she had one of those too).....

Reply to bath panel help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen