Search the forum,

Discuss Bath panel 1st or last ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Ok so, I tile a bathroom. At the end of the bath is a gap approx 500mm between bath and wall. 100mm up the make a raised floor so to cover the waste pipe. The floor is tiled too, and I carry the floor tiles just under the bath so as bath panel sits on the floor tile. Same with this boxing where there will be an end panel. Job is done and all paid, clients happy bunnies ! :thumbsup:

Today a phone call saying that I have pulled the floor tiles which sit on the raised panel under the bath too far and they cant get the panel on. Now I cut these tiles to the raised floor but surely....unless I am wrong .....the panel should be cut around this raised section so as the panel sits tight against the tile and not the tile against the panel ??
Does this make sense and am I wrong ???

I

Ian

Bath panel should always go in last IMO, that way it can be removed if necessary. I usually silicone the two vertical edges and where it meets the floor. Can the panel not be trimmed to fit over the tiles, or will that not work?

G

Gazzer

yeah the panel would be easier if trimmed but the guy is having none of it...when i get there I am sure he will see sense !

I

Ian

Lol, surely the panel only needs a few mm off it? Tell them you'll make a nice tiled one, you can have another days money then :lol:

G

Gazzer

Nah it needs the height of the raised floor panel off ...about 100mm then that cut edge sits tight onto the raised floor !

G

Gazzer

Angle grinder the box down but I know if I mention dust created then they will cut panel :lol:

Reply to Bath panel 1st or last ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen