Currently reading:
Basic Tester

Discuss Basic Tester in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Hi all. Looking for a basic tester/meter to be used before a hair hygrometer on anhydrite screeds.
Many thanks.

Just do a sweat test for initial damp presence but TBH , the Hairgrometer or carbide bomb test is the standard testing method.

If the screeds heated , i always get them dried by force drying..

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Looking at a protimeter hygromaster with a humidity box. Do we think that would do instead of a hygrometer?
@Ajax123
Doubt it. I don't rate the hygroboxes personally and any testing that I have seen done with them has been suspect in the least. The other thing is you have to leave them in place for several days which means trips back and forth to site. If you want a quick answer (30 minutes) then you'd be better off investing in a carbide bomb kit. You can get these online or via travis perkins. If you need a contact at Travis let me know. They are a bit more expensive but worth it if you are talking about big areas of expensive tiles.

Reply to Basic Tester in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, We are looking for a tiler for potential tiling work in the Suffolk and Essex area. We are also looking for anyone who is interested to do a tiling apprenticeship with us. Anyone...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement