Search the forum,

Discuss Bad workmanship i was asked to look at!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

I took a floor up some years back Dave, it sounds similar to your mates, ceramic over UFH, no SLC, I managed to get them all up with no damage to the wires, I tested it before laying SLC and tiled over the top. All was fine, the tiles had been down for a couple of days. Its worth a try at this stage to lift them, the UFH can be repaired if needed.
If you meet the 'tiler' give him a slap across the chops with a wet fish from me, dozy incompetent idiot.

:prrr:

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

in one respect its fortunate he used tub as its likely that the job can be rescued

doesnt alter the fact that he should never have touched the job in the first place and im not defending him

after you give him doms slap ,slap him again for me please

D

diamondtiling

in one respect its fortunate he used tub as its likely that the job can be rescued

doesnt alter the fact that he should never have touched the job in the first place and im not defending him

after you give him doms slap ,slap him again for me please

If he gets a slap from all of us on the forum (14000) I still dont think that would knock any sense into him.

:mad2:

P

puddle

All due respect but maybe they should have got gooner in the first place, or they should have asked around for a recommendation ,if they know his brother, or as he is an electrician, should of been able to ask about in the trade
As he is in the trade, surly he knows what could happen, if I needed a roofer , joiner or mechanic, I would ask about for a good one, not dive in yellow dot com
Same thing happens to me, I get called out to friends of friends when something goes wrong and they need correcting, that seems to be the time many think about recommendations
Then they want the job corrected cheap as given all the budget money to the cowboys
I am not being hard, I am sorry all his hard work has been wasted and extra expense and I hope they get sorted out ok and yes these cowboys want castrating but did he pay them as well? Being in the trade, he should have known better
The case the other day were think Chris went to old couple and is sorting, great respect to him ,I can sympathise with them and have helped out in similar ways
But this case seems, in part, to be of there own making

If we tradesmen as a hole start having cowboys working for us,we can not complain when our counter part cowboys start under cutting and pinching our work

:sad_smile:

Reaction score
All due respect but maybe they should have got gooner in the first place, or they should have asked around for a recommendation ,if they know his brother, or as he is an electrician, should of been able to ask about in the trade
As he is in the trade, surly he knows what could happen, if I needed a roofer , joiner or mechanic, I would ask about for a good one, not dive in yellow dot com
Same thing happens to me, I get called out to friends of friends when something goes wrong and they need correcting, that seems to be the time many think about recommendations
Then they want the job corrected cheap as given all the budget money to the cowboys
I am not being hard, I am sorry all his hard work has been wasted and extra expense and I hope they get sorted out ok and yes these cowboys want castrating but did he pay them as well? Being in the trade, he should have known better
The case the other day were think Chris went to old couple and is sorting, great respect to him ,I can sympathise with them and have helped out in similar ways
But this case seems, in part, to be of there own making

If we tradesmen as a hole start having cowboys working for us,we can not complain when our counter part cowboys start under cutting and pinching our work

:sad_smile:
when i said electriction, not sure what type, certainly not site ,he is suited & booted,job, you cannot say it was there fault!!! just because they are not in the trade :mad2:if you pay good money you should get a good job, its the tiler that should not be tradeing!!!:mad2: if he can;t do the job!!! and the law will back this up !!

Reply to Bad workmanship i was asked to look at!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen