Currently reading:
Bad Granfix products, bad rep in Cornwall

Discuss Bad Granfix products, bad rep in Cornwall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

judy manning

My partner is an experienced and respected property developer. He used Granfix adhesives, as supplied and recommended by his respected tile supplier, to fix tiles on the floor of a new build completed and sold recently. The property is constructed to a high specification using high grade materials. The new owner is delighted with his high-end purchase.

The tiles my partner laid have completely lifted from the floor, as if no adhesive had even been used! The supplier of the Granfix products suggested that it could only have been a faulty batch of adhesive and complementary products, since these were used to the exact specification stated on the labelling.

The Granfix rep was called in. He refused to take any responsibility for the Granfix products' failure, accusing my partner of lying about using the correct products, citing poor construction of the floor, and then recommending he redid the job by refixing the floor and using 3 times the strength of product recommended on the labelling! Wow!:thumbsdown:

My partner just has to get on with the job. In these days of recession it is amazing that a major product manufacturer can have such low regard for its rapidly declining customer base.

I wonder has anybody else had such a problem with Granfix?

D

diamondtiling

Thank you to everybody who has responded. I have indeed spoken to the MD at Granfix, who has to be one of the most concerned and professional company bosses out there. My partner's problem is now in his hands and being dealt with. A fantastic company to do business with, and I guess the bad apple was possibly just having a bad day,which happens to the best of us!
:hurray:

Glad you got it sorted out Judy, Phil is indeed a nice man.

:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

Judy,Judy,Judy!
:welcome:waited years to say that.
As he is a experienced property developer is he also an experienced tiler by trade?
Did your partner keep the records of the adhesive batch used on the work, what time of year was the work undertaken, what was the substrate, which type adhesive did he use, what was the tile 'fixed'.
Did you get the reps name, did he provide a report, have you spoken to their technical department, have you put it in writing, are you taking legal action.
Certainly manufacturers /suppliers can have the occassional bad batch, but if you have the receipts when you bought the product the supplier will be able to ascertain if there are other complaints for that batch.
Most major adhesive companies have an excellent technical/sales department so I hope it all gets resolved for you.

Glad you got it sorted

Last edited by a moderator:
D

diamondtiling

Judy,Judy,Judy!
:welcome:waited years to say that.
As he is a experienced property developer is he also an experienced tiler by trade?
Did your partner keep the records of the adhesive batch used on the work, what time of year was the work undertaken, what was the substrate, which type adhesive did he use, what was the tile 'fixed'.
Did you get the reps name, did he provide a report, have you spoken to their technical department, have you put it in writing, are you taking legal action.
Certainly manufacturers /suppliers can have the occassional bad batch, but if you have the receipts when you bought the product the supplier will be able to ascertain if there are other complaints for that batch.
Most major adhesive companies have an excellent technical/sales department so I hope it all gets resolved for you.

Glad you got it sorted

Johnney Johnney Johnney, questions questions questions.

Only the older people will know what you mean by "Judy, Judy, Judy"

( Cary Grant, Only angels have wings, but he never actually said those words John.)

:thumbsup:

T

TT Tiling

Thank you to everybody who has responded. I have indeed spoken to the MD at Granfix, who has to be one of the most concerned and professional company bosses out there. My partner's problem is now in his hands and being dealt with. A fantastic company to do business with, and I guess the bad apple was possibly just having a bad day,which happens to the best of us!
:hurray:
hey so glad its sorted , nice to know they stood by their products :hurray:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
hi and sorry to hear of your prob , like above would need to know more about the screed,ie time layed ,was it primed ,and wot sort of screed , as for granfix add i use it every day and find it a lot better than some i have come across , im hoping its not a anhydrite or hemi-hydrite screed , people on here will soon have your answers ,good luck :thumbsup:

would that somehow make the problem worse then? :smilewinkgrin:

W

White Room

'Older people' - are there any older than me - I did say I've waited years!!!!! (just for you the exclamation mark):smilewinkgrin:

thinking-023.GIF

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
would that somehow make the problem worse then? :smilewinkgrin:[/QUOTE
hi no ,but know some are still having probs with anhydrite , a building company i know down here in devon ,have built over 200 houses with anhydrite and never primed a floor yet :lol::lol::lol:

:oops:.......hope they're using kerakoll or benfergyps then ........ they both say don't need primer .........

Reply to Bad Granfix products, bad rep in Cornwall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.