Search the forum,

Discuss Bad Granfix products, bad rep in Cornwall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

Thank you to everybody who has responded. I have indeed spoken to the MD at Granfix, who has to be one of the most concerned and professional company bosses out there. My partner's problem is now in his hands and being dealt with. A fantastic company to do business with, and I guess the bad apple was possibly just having a bad day,which happens to the best of us!
:hurray:

Glad you got it sorted out Judy, Phil is indeed a nice man.

:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

Judy,Judy,Judy!
:welcome:waited years to say that.
As he is a experienced property developer is he also an experienced tiler by trade?
Did your partner keep the records of the adhesive batch used on the work, what time of year was the work undertaken, what was the substrate, which type adhesive did he use, what was the tile 'fixed'.
Did you get the reps name, did he provide a report, have you spoken to their technical department, have you put it in writing, are you taking legal action.
Certainly manufacturers /suppliers can have the occassional bad batch, but if you have the receipts when you bought the product the supplier will be able to ascertain if there are other complaints for that batch.
Most major adhesive companies have an excellent technical/sales department so I hope it all gets resolved for you.

Glad you got it sorted

Last edited by a moderator:
D

diamondtiling

Judy,Judy,Judy!
:welcome:waited years to say that.
As he is a experienced property developer is he also an experienced tiler by trade?
Did your partner keep the records of the adhesive batch used on the work, what time of year was the work undertaken, what was the substrate, which type adhesive did he use, what was the tile 'fixed'.
Did you get the reps name, did he provide a report, have you spoken to their technical department, have you put it in writing, are you taking legal action.
Certainly manufacturers /suppliers can have the occassional bad batch, but if you have the receipts when you bought the product the supplier will be able to ascertain if there are other complaints for that batch.
Most major adhesive companies have an excellent technical/sales department so I hope it all gets resolved for you.

Glad you got it sorted

Johnney Johnney Johnney, questions questions questions.

Only the older people will know what you mean by "Judy, Judy, Judy"

( Cary Grant, Only angels have wings, but he never actually said those words John.)

:thumbsup:

Reply to Bad Granfix products, bad rep in Cornwall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.