Search the forum,

Discuss B&Q Tilers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Saltire69

Was in a tile shop today and was speaking to 1 of the guys that work there. He ask what i would charge for laying 6m2 of trav on a concrete kitchen floor. Pretty flat and no units in it. Said about £220 - £250. B&Q quoted a customer £850 with mats. Gies a Job:grin:

B

brian c

They are expensive for fitting,i know someone who paid 1500 for kitchen and they wanted 1000 to fit it,dont think so.

F

Fekin

I was quoted by B&Q for our kitchen, £1000 for all the units and worktops, £2000 for fitting :lol:

Bought the whole kitchen and fitted it with the wifes uncle.

F

Fred

The problem I see is, as people buy and have their kitchens etc fitted by b&q, they think thats the price, so they go with it!!!!

I was working in a house, and next door b&q were fitting a bathroom. The tiling was so below standard, it was very sad for the client. She came into the next door where I was working, saw the work and rang them straight away.

They asked me to do the work, but b&q said they were under contract! Whatever, you do not expect a tiler to leave slivers in all corners, tiles not butting up, spacing from 1mm to 4mm....etc. very bad.

F

Fekin

That does sound very bad, and the real pitty is the customer could have paid so much less and for a far better job.

I have noticed, when going into tile shops, their displays are generally well tiled, but I've seen some horrors in B&Q, mainly large mosaic displays which my wife could have tiled far better than what was on show.
It makes me wonder how they impress people enough with such shoddy displays when their trying to convince people to part with their money for a job like their displaying :huh2:

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

At one point B&Q where doing a handyman service somethink like 1 hour £75 to all day about £350, Hav'nt seen any leaflet's for a while, I really don't understand why.

B

bencurtis

they all have to make money, fair play they take the pi** but i do alot for a kitchen fitter who works for mfi. the money is ok, i wouldnt want to live on it full time. that is where b&q, mfi etc make the most money. there are alot of people who dont know what end of a s/driver to hold they are the ones that they prey on

Last edited by a moderator:
A

ad tiling

went to price a job, customer had bought b+q tiles plus bathroom suite
they asked b+q to fit the suite but they said they do not send fitters out
for the cheap suites they sell but would tile , i fitted suite and tiled (£23 m2)
and still came in cheaper than there price just for tiling

F

Fekin

I wouldn't be supprised if knowing a customer has already had a quote from B&Q for fitting and tiling, you could double your normal rate and still be cheaper than them.

Reply to B&Q Tilers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen