Search the forum,

Discuss At what temperature do you feel underfloor heating? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wilfredolimb

HAve you thought about getting a spark to look at it to see if it is actually working. If it is new - who installed it - can you get them back to sort it? If it is at 20 and still uncomfortably cold it sounds like you might be right and it aint working......:thumbsdown:

Although thinking about it is the temperature it is reading the room temperature the floor temperature or the core temperature. 20Degrees core temp will give you a surface temp of about 10 to 12 degrees so will still be cold. Is there insulation under the substrate?

hi Ajax, thanks for reply, the sparky that done it is my bro and he checked it several times before and during the bathroom work. I'll ask if he can check again but what other checks can he do? There's no faults on the controls..
There's no insulation, it's wooden floor boards, no more ply, fibreplan slc, flexi tile addy mixed with latex, you think it might just have to be wacked up? (fingers crossed)

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
hi Ajax, thanks for reply, the sparky that done it is my bro and he checked it several times before and during the bathroom work. I'll ask if he can check again but what other checks can he do? There's no faults on the controls..
There's no insulation, it's wooden floor boards, no more ply, fibreplan slc, flexi tile addy mixed with latex, you think it might just have to be wacked up? (fingers crossed)

Will you please stop asking if it should be just whacked up - the answer is as has been said several times, no - that will just add to your problems. Just because there is no problem with the controller does not mean there is not a problem. It may be a fault with the cable itself. Is your brother able to do a continuity test to ensure there are no breaks.
What is under the floor boards - presumably a floor void. Is this floor void well ventillated cos you could be just losing the heat all downwards.

W

wilfredolimb

Will you please stop asking if it should be just whacked up - the answer is as has been said several times, no - that will just add to your problems. Just because there is no problem with the controller does not mean there is not a problem. It may be a fault with the cable itself. Is your brother able to do a continuity test to ensure there are no breaks.
What is under the floor boards - presumably a floor void. Is this floor void well ventillated cos you could be just losing the heat all downwards.

ok I'll ask him to do continuity test, there is a void between floor boards and lats for ceiling below so maybe it is just losing heat like you said..you reckon I should just whack the temperature up?...na I'm joking don't bite my head off! ;p
thanks for help mate!

W

wilfredolimb

thanks guys at 30degrees I felt it and now its at 32 and feels nice and warm, i'll keep it going up in 2degrees up to around 45-50 and bring it down,

I thanked you all

Regards

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sounds like it is measuring the Core Temperature and not the surface temp to me. Anyway - good news that you'll have warm toes for Christmas.....:hurray:

U

Uheat - Keith

Hi tectonicfloors,
I am one of your followers!!!
All your 19 posts to date have been against old threads. As blocko says, this one is nearly 2 years old!!! Whats your story m8?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping some threads in the underfloor heating forum. You can now find and search for both electric underfloor heating and water underfloor heating threads. By the way, if you feel some of the threads you want to be seen at the top of the forum need to be bumped back, for the next month or so from now, feel free to do that. Although it's not usually something we allow, whilst we're going through this process of changing over forum software, we see the need for this to happen.

Reply to At what temperature do you feel underfloor heating? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen