Discuss Ardex 8+9 Verses Ardex Wpc in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Colour Republic

Before I spend too many hours reading spec and data sheets, can anybody tell me the difference between Ardex 8+9 sold in the US and Ardex WPC in the UK

They look like very similar products but the main difference being it is marketed as a waterproof AND anti-crack membrane in the US and in the UK as a simple waterproof coating.

I do like Ardex WPC as waterproofer as far as paint on systems go, although to be fair I normally apply by trowel just because I find it easier and quicker, so often get a covering of 1.5-2mm thick, But if I was to use it at it's full depth of 3mm, would it double up as an anti-crack membrane or is the US version somehow different?

WPC - Product Detail

8+9 - ARDEX Americas | ARDEX 8+9™

cheers guys ;)

O

One Day

I've not got time yet to read but it seems that the us are much less risk averse then the uk and Europe. For instance, schluter whack kerdi membrane all over timber, even externally in the US but there's no way they'll allow it here. I'm told it's because eu testing is way too complicated in comparison to American testing and standards. my guess is its been tested suitable for that use in the us but not in Europe. Brussels would probably insist that ardex test it with so many variations of application that it's just not worthwhile.

Reply to Ardex 8+9 Verses Ardex Wpc in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks