Search the forum,

Discuss Aquapanel floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

CraigH

Hi,

My bathroom is starting to take shape so I tottered off to my local tile place yesterday, dragging the wife along to choose floor tiles.

Whilst I was there I picked up some 6mm aqua panel for the floor.

So my concerns is as follows, I lay a thin bed of adhesive down. then screw aqua panel down over the top. then tile....

So what happens to all this next time the floor needs tiling? say in 10 years time. won't there be adhesive stuck all over my chipboard floor that will be impossible to get up?

Or am I being thick

D

Dumbo

Hi,

My bathroom is starting to take shape so I tottered off to my local tile place yesterday, dragging the wife along to choose floor tiles.

Whilst I was there I picked up some 6mm aqua panel for the floor.

So my concerns is as follows, I lay a thin bed of adhesive down. then screw aqua panel down over the top. then tile....

So what happens to all this next time the floor needs tiling? say in 10 years time. won't there be adhesive stuck all over my chipboard floor that will be impossible to get up?

Or am I being thick
Don't make things to come apart make them to stay together

D

Dumbo

Thanks everyone, I will do what outcasts on the tin. if there is a tin...

I can't leave it for the next person as it's likely we won't be moving again now. I'm 37 so I doubt this bathroom will see me until I die...

Although a fairly good chance I will be paying someone next time around
When you've done your bathroom the upscale in your property will be so much you won't be able to afford not to move

Reply to Aquapanel floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement