Search the forum,

Discuss Any one had a hip replacement! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi, Guys,
I'm new to the forum and this is my first post! I know it's really random, but I am a tiler in need of a hip replacement desperately but I'm petrified of having it done because if it means I will not be able to tile floors etc. Only another tiler would realise the nature of the trade and wether it is realistic to be able to tile once I'd had the operation.
Has any one out there in the trade had such an operation or know of anyone and have they been able to continue to tile once they have had sufficient recovery time. Told you it was random though! Cheers John.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've changed tiles but never a hip before

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would say it depends on how much tiling you do.
I doubt you will be able to work on large contracts fitting hundreds of m2 per week. So you may have to take it easy. Pace yourself. Maybe go part time.

How old are you
If you don't mind me asking. .

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've changed a Hip Tile before.

Not 100% sure! but I would have thought a hip replacement would have been the end of someone's tiling career?? Hope I'm wrong for your sake.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I know a good sparky that had a hip replacement..........not much of a comparison, as we all know, we work much harder than any other trade...:8: lol

Reaction score
Thanks lads for your replies. It's as I thought. Going to be really tough getting up and down as us tilers know what it's about. There will come a point when the quality of life has to come first bit I guess until then it's keep swallowing the ibobrufin!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Surprised there willing to do a hip replacement at such a young age. Must be bad. Good luck. My knees are knackered so I kind of know what you're going through. .

M

mike1979

I'd say if you stick to small stuff like new builds Barrat, wimpy, Lovell type of stuff and plod away you will be fine

Reply to Any one had a hip replacement! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen