Discuss Anti-fracture matting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello we have bought a stone barn that was converted badly to a dwelling in 2003. We’ve got down to the concrete sub floor which we’ve had to heavily patch as we created one room out of 4. Weve laid a radon membrane and a thermal blanket and laid wet underfloor heating. We’ve had a retinol trust screed laid in late October 2020 and now looking to tile with a herringbone pattern in a wood look tile in the new year. One tiler has recommended tile master anti-fracture matting which he has used for 16 years without a problem. He will supply both may abs adhesive. Another tiler wants us to purchase dural and and the adhesive for the job and has quoted for the cost of the labour 1.5k more than the aforementioned tiler. Whilst cost difference is thought provoking we have ploughed our life savings into the project so we just want the best job. So after all that do we want Tilemaster or Dural ? 😬

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
yes we have, its lovely and warm even on low
Cheers , just asking so you know its dry and ok to tile. It’s not been down that long and would normally need what is called forced drying. This can commence on average and requires quite a high heat to force dry quickly or a moderate heat over a longer period.

As for the Anti-fracture matting. Out of those two , I’d use the Dural. My personal preference is Ditra matting.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Tarmac truscreed is actually cement based. Just a basic sand cement. You might be confusing it with tarmac truflow which is their anhydrite based gear.
This is what threw me lol.

Attachments

• 5CA780E9-3584-4D88-82DC-89A05830E1CB.png
    233.3 KB · Views: 7

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This is what threw me lol.

yes its not at all confusing is it... ( note sacrasm)... its the retanol version mentioned in the OP which is the sand cement version. It looks like they've put truflow in with the rest of the trusfreed brand. Definitely worth the op getting confirmation though

Reply to Anti-fracture matting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay