Search the forum,

Discuss Another great start to the week! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

I must have done something really bad in a previous life, when it rains it pours. I had a phone call last week, saying the tiles in two of the showers at a certain well known tennis club had cracked not on the joint line but along the tiles. So this morning of I go to SW19, to meet the site agent. This is what I found...:yikes: He said to me can you just patch them up? Are you having a laugh here? then I noticed the tiles that had cracked were not matching up with the originals, so I said have you had someone in to patch this over before? Now you have to remember here this job was done just over a year ago, and it looks a bloody disgrace. He said yes we got the maintenance guys in to remove and replace. I got in the shower and removed the tiles (woman with hammer and bolster on the loose is not a pretty site) Low and behold this is what I found! So now Im thinking I have to have the whole lot removed and the lining guys have got to come in and replace the walls. Im fuming because the tiler I sent out on the job last year should have said something, and he never. And the shower tray is also moving. I want it all stripped out, but has anyone got any suggestions? am I going over the top here or not?

Wimbledon shower.jpg photo 4 (9).jpg photo 5 (6).jpg

C

Colour Republic

I think the whole lot out sorry Lynn, some serious water has got behind that as a lot of those tiles look soaked. look like cheap and nasties anyway, couldn't they afford better! They need to get the ventialtion sorted too if it's got that mouldy so quick. Up the spec for them and try and claw back what it's gonna cost you I'd say

P

Pebbs

Morning, Rob,

Yes cheap and nasty they were indeed, they didn't break the budget on this section of the works that's for sure. I didn't know they had removed and replaced this row of tiles the first time around until yesterday, so they have invalidated the defects period straight of. It stunk of damp in there, Im thinking there is probably water lying underneath the shower tray and behind the wall.

D

DHTiling

IMO you can walk lol , by using someone else has wiped any warranty they had with you , his actions / fixing the tiles could be the reason so much wager got behind.

Just a thought. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

Perry

is the water coming from behind the timber in the first place like a leak at some time it looks like capillary ?

C

Colour Republic

I know what you mean Dave and yes if somebody else has touched it since you could bat it back BUT if tanking was spec'd and not used i'd rather quickly re-do it otherwise if you decide to fight them they could well go digging in other areas. If tanking wasn't spec'd and lynn was doing that off her own back then yeah i suppose you're right

Reply to Another great start to the week! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen