Search the forum,

Discuss Anhydritic screed problems in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

Hi Fluff, sorry to hear your tale. I recently had a similar floor nr. Chorley - perhaps it was the same jokers?
If you want to go down the Anhylevel (self-leveling) route, I don't mind a trip out to take a look for you and offer some advice. Just PM me if you want to.
I'd be grabbing that offer @Fluff
...nice one Dave ;)

F

Fluff

Cheers @Ajax123

That kind of fits what I was thinking.

A pallet of AnHylevel to buy costs a grand + VAT. I'm guessing other gypsum levelling compounds would be similar. Then I need to add labour on top.

Ripping up what's there would be a last resort as there's 32 sq metres of 150mm kingspan and UFH piping in there + side barrier/membranes/labour/etc. I'm thinking best way forward is to just bite the bullet and get a second delivery of anhydritic screed (using a different company obviously), which leaves a few of questions:

- Assuming sanding first with a 60 grit machine to remove laitance/provide mechanical key, would I get a decent bond from first layer to second.

- I'm assuming I don't need a primer to pour TS20 on existing screed - Is that right?

- And are you able to recommend anyone in/near Manchester/Saddleworth/Oldham area who does smaller flowing screed jobs?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fluff

Hi Fluff, sorry to hear your tale. I recently had a similar floor nr. Chorley - perhaps it was the same jokers?
If you want to go down the Anhylevel (self-leveling) route, I don't mind a trip out to take a look for you and offer some advice. Just PM me if you want to.

That is incredibly generous of you @impish . I'm in Mossley (East Manchester) are you anywhere near there? I really don't like the idea of putting someone else out on account of my f**kup.

(Edit: Just PM'd you)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
let impish have a look and if he can help fine. if not pm me and i will do what i can. however its not on of my screeds so im limited profssionally speaking. i can certainly put you n touch with alternative installers. i guess f it was one of mine it wouldnt have goneso wrong as all the installers i deal wth are trained and approved

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Cheers @Ajax123

That kind of fits what I was thinking.

A pallet of AnHylevel to buy costs a grand + VAT. I'm guessing other gypsum levelling compounds would be similar. Then I need to add labour on top.

Ripping up what's there would be a last resort as there's 32 sq metres of 150mm kingspan and UFH piping in there + side barrier/membranes/labour/etc. I'm thinking best way forward is to just bite the bullet and get a second delivery of anhydritic screed (using a different company obviously), which leaves a few of questions:

- Assuming sanding first with a 60 grit machine to remove laitance/provide mechanical key, would I get a decent bond from first layer to second.

- I'm assuming I don't need a primer to pour TS20 on existing screed - Is that right?

- And are you able to recommend anyone in/near Manchester/Saddleworth/Oldham area who does smaller flowing screed jobs?

Thanks

I think your screeders did my job at Didsbury fluff, sounds like the same poor quality and the right area of the country, they layed over 400m2 on the last Friday before finishing for Christmas and only started at two o'clock and finished at six....and the last two hours they was laying in the dark with torches and light from mobile phones so the site agent told me, I had a nightmare laying 900x900 limestone on it.

Reply to Anhydritic screed problems in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen