Search the forum,

Discuss Angle grinder cutting on top of a board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

I have offcuts of floor board I could use would that do?
Don't want to effect the blade but if it can cut porcelain then wouldn't think too much of going through a few mm of wood.

Blades today are very material specific, generally speaking you should use one blade for one material.
I’ve noticed in the past that if you use a blade to cut porcelain it’ll give a very clean cut.
Then on next job use it on a stone project, the blade will cut very well as it did on the porcelain.
Then go back to porcelain, and it’ll chip the hell out of the porcelain because cutting the atome has changed the properties of the blade.
In a perfect world, you’d purchase a new blade for every job, giving yourself the best possible outcome every time.
Applying that theory to cutting through a tile in to something as hard as a timber, you would run the risk of taking the edge off the blade.
But it’s better than nothing, and always be mindful of what’s underneath, like a finished floor or surface of some kind.
Someone working with me recently drilled straight thro a slab and in to a finished timber floor.
Cost £400 to replace that board!

Reply to Angle grinder cutting on top of a board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are tiling our kitchen with limestone tiles - we have already done it in the hallway and...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen