Discuss Advice Please in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi All

over from the electrical forum, was hoping you may be able to give me some advice.

i am planning on refurbishing the bathroom soon, either low profile tray or wet room floor to be fitted, any recommendations on whats best would be great.

if i go with the wet room im thinking of -
1 - replace existing chipboard floor with 18mm ply
2 - sit wet room former on top
3 - build up to level of former with tile backer, UFH and SLC
4 - tank floor and walls - liquid or membrane - any recommendations ?

was hoping to have the UFH over the former too, but cant think of a good way of stopping the SLC filling the gradient.

so my main question would be where the SLC meets the former, would this be ok to simply pour SLC to edge then tape joints and seal, or is the join likely to move and cause problems.

grateful for any tips or recommendations, will also be looking for a tiler in a couple of months to tile the bathroom.

thanks for any help received.

Reply to Advice Please in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for advice laying these floor tiles. My bathroom is chipboard. I’m going to get...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
I’ve got 3/4” MDF over 1-1/2” t&g car decking, over 6x8” joists on 48” centers. All solid, good...
Replies
Views
I'm refitting our bathroom which is about 3m sq and am putting in a wetroom shower in the corner...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22