Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed re a few things. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Frilly

-
Reaction score
You wouldn't necessarily have to chip anything away, just don't tile the area which will house the mat.

The only downside is you will always have to have a mat there.
Hi again. In an ideal world I'd prefer tiles to the door with a mat on top, but I can't change the door, so I'm limited. Would you use a z bar between the tiles and mat, or is there a better solution for a mat well?

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me pick your brains, it is very much appreciated. :)

Reaction score
I suppose it depends on the mat, if you go for one of those microfibre type thin ones then you might get away with not having a mat well, if you wanted a coir one thats like 10-15mm thick then you would.

I think the best bet would be to let the tiler know your predicament, then when hes getting the towards the door area youll see how much depth you've got left at that stage you can then tell him to either leave the mat area un-tiled or you may well have enough room

Frilly

-
Reaction score
Hi angrypirate and faceman, thank you to both you for all of your invaluable advice. I am very grateful for everything I've learnt and now feel better equipped and more confident that I will be able to ensure a decent job. :)

Last edited:

Frilly

-
Reaction score
Hi angrypirate and faceman, thank you to both you for all of your invaluable advice. I am very grateful for everything I've learnt and now feel better equipped and more confident that I will be able to ensure a decent job. :)
Well my fears have come to fruition. I've started a new thread about concerns for more views/advice.

Reply to Advice needed re a few things. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen