Search the forum,

Discuss Actual regulations on tanking walk-in shower? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Hi,

So I've looked about and read a few things regarding the building regs (BS 5385-1:2018 clause 6.1.1.3). I'm just a bit unsure as to how high the tanking has to be up the walls for it to be legit?

I'm looking at getting an Impey Linear 4 shower tray and I know they have their own Waterguard membrane but its crazy expensive compared to a paint on tanking kit? Is using something like the Mapei kit still ok with that tray?

TIA

Thanks for the info mate.

I'm so indecisive which to use, and teh more I read the more indecisive I get haha. I am leaning more towards the Impey Aqua-Dec Linear 4 with the Waterguard tanking membrane, buts its a fair bit more brass than the paint on stuff. But I have also read the paint on stuff isn't really designed for timber floors as it will have a level of movement. Heads gonna blow haha.

Reply to Actual regulations on tanking walk-in shower? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen