Search the forum,

Discuss a test we can all take part in in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

well we look at the bag of adshesive 15kg 20kg 22kg 25kg and think the 25 kg will give more but is this realy the case when we done a little vid we found that a bag of 25kg kerrkoll made 22 litres of sticky that a bag of tilemaster light wieght 15 kg made 20 litres of sticky so how many litres do you get out of yours .so should a bag of sticky realy be sold by how many litres of useable sticky it makes? not kg. price per litre made is a good conparisment

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
A bit like toilet roll Ray. When you buy that, in my supermarket it gives a price breakdown of pence per sheet. So you could buy the cheapest pack of 4 rolls and they may be more expensive per sheet than a pricier roll. Read the small print!!!

Great point Ray though, how far does a bag go. I'll be testing that one out next week.

T

The D

I love this test everything. We also need to know if the light weight high yield adhesives perform as good as there sanded counterparts .

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Loving the tests too!

It would be nice to say how many litres you get out of a bag rather than meter coverage which can clearly change quite a bit.

But then perhaps; just thinking out loud here - 10 litres of one brand might cover X meters. But on the very same floor, 10 litres of Y might cover more, or less, maybe?

So a true test would perhaps need to include how many KG's a bag is. How many litres per KG's you get. And how many meters per litres you get?

Lip.dk that uses 'glass balls' instead of sand might differ greatly. I bet I could get you a few bags for testing and comparison if you wanted?

C

charlie1

I don't think I have tried any lightweight adhesive! What are they called? I remember bal doing one and ardex I think?

M

mattmc91

Not sure how you can measure this, unless you're doing small case studies and working off of averages and multiplying?

surely some adhesive will absorb more water, or spread further?

C

Colour Republic

A bit like toilet roll Ray. When you buy that, in my supermarket it gives a price breakdown of pence per sheet. So you could buy the cheapest pack of 4 rolls and they may be more expensive per sheet than a pricier roll. Read the small print!!!

Great point Ray though, how far does a bag go. I'll be testing that one out next week.

You tight bugger! :rofl:

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Loving the tests too!

It would be nice to say how many litres you get out of a bag rather than meter coverage which can clearly change quite a bit.

But then perhaps; just thinking out loud here - 10 litres of one brand might cover X meters. But on the very same floor, 10 litres of Y might cover more, or less, maybe?

So a true test would perhaps need to include how many KG's a bag is. How many litres per KG's you get. And how many meters per litres you get?

Lip.dk that uses 'glass balls' instead of sand might differ greatly. I bet I could get you a few bags for testing and comparison if you wanted?
send them down we have two test to do first but will get this done next will see what you send and pick a few more bands to test will probaly do this after stress testing the decoulplers vs balflex

Reply to a test we can all take part in in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen