Search the forum,

Discuss Seeking advice on an ongoing job (bevelled metro tiles) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dave l and l

apart from the boxing in which doesnt look terrible . the rest of the job looks decent , i use trim on the metros, usually 8 mm

F

Flintstone

Some
Metros are white back but some are biscuit with a thick glaze on, there's that many different ones now you never know. Some are really heavily bevelled and some hardly at all.

O

One Day

I'll try and dig out pics from a job I did with mitred crackle-glaze efforts from Laura Ashley.
Terrible to work with as the glaze kept pinging off!

F

Flintstone

I've used them too imp, all The laura Ashley tiles I've used haven't been great, I suspect there bct

T

Time's Ran Out

IMG_0217.PNG
Tom - not sure where to begin with this.
The trim is wrong, the boxing is wrong , the setting out of the cuts is wrong.
Everything others have said!
For me they should be mitred, the tiles should be laid like bricks so on a return of a full face it should be a half tile and on the cill the front and top should be the same - a brick. Most do this type of tile like wallpaper and I prefer brick blocks. Just my choice.

Reply to Seeking advice on an ongoing job (bevelled metro tiles) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen