Search the forum,

Discuss Seeking advice on an ongoing job (bevelled metro tiles) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yes.....you should follow the pattern round the whole room to keep the brick effect.
Your tiler has gone from landscape to brick bond, the face of the boxing in should have a join in it not just full tiles.

M

Matt Bott

If you look at the internals of your window there's no reason why the boxing shouldn't be the same

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I always trim the top, it's an exposed edge and you can see the ginger biscuit If not
But if you use 8mm there will be a 2mm lip .
Not saying your wrong or right, as all ways it's a personal choice my customer gets to choose and if they want trim at the top.....no problem.
BTW most metros I've used are white biscuit...;)

T

Tom Ewer

How would you finish off the top if you don't use trim? I'm thinking in particular of the hollow top end of trim running up a corner.

O

One Day

Mitred for me. They're soft and easy to work. It's worth the effort unless it's a new-build site job. It looks a bit "Bish bash bosh" with all that trim!

Reply to Seeking advice on an ongoing job (bevelled metro tiles) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen