Search the forum,

Discuss 23 mtr porslain on bad walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

2020Tiling

Hi all!
Stuck on what to charge a fitter for the job I'm doing. It's a 19mtr bathroom walls and 4 on the floor with 600 by 300 Porcelain and has taken me 5 long days and a lot of prep work . Including taking 2 walls back to brickwork and re plaster boarding and self levelling the floor. Want would you roughly charge for this as I have no idea? day rate or per mtr? :mad2:

I

Ian

Did you not agree a price or a day rate before hand? For the record, I'd charge by the day plus materials.

2020Tiling

didn't give a price first as it's for a fitter I normally do work for and hadn't seen the job before hand, and it needed a lot of prep work so I just said I will sort it out at the end of the job. What's a average price per mtr for fixing 600 by 300 porcelain ?

2020Tiling

Is that a day rate plus all adhesive /grouts /slc etc or would the day rate include adhesive & grout?

S

steve187

I would go meter rate for the tiling, plus daywork for the bits and pieces+materials

Reaction score
I don't think it matters what I or Bob down the road would charge. You & your pal both know what you normally charge per m2, also your normal day-rate, and you know what you spent on materials - so its easy enough to do the maths?

When I'm not sure and its a regular contact, I'd work out days + materials / versus mtr rate + a day or 2 for prep.
Usually the 2 aren't too far apart, so go in the middle.

Reply to 23 mtr porslain on bad walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen