Search the forum,

Discuss 2 Setting Out Questions = move centre line and off set brick bond in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

itidiot

Hi All,

Been absorbing all you advice and tips on here.... top work guys!

I am currently tiling my bathroom in 600 x 300 porcelain floor to ceiling and have two questions which affect two different walls

Question 1 - I have sink which is 600 wide and I have already stuck the tile behind it (got too excited!!), its stuck so it lined up with the sink. However if I continue the brick bond pattern along I will have a 1 cm slither on a couple of course's. Would it look a mess if I offset the brick bond pattern to a ratio of 55:45... ie. off set the the next course centre line by 1inch? (I have already done one wall so i couldn't carry on this offset)

Question 2 - On the wall beind the bath I have marked a centre line down the wall but it will leave tiny triangles if i work to this where wall meets ceiling. Can i move the centre aline over to the left so I wony have these tiny triangles. Will it look out align and worse than having tiny triangles?

Would appreciate your opinions as you seen all the problems before.... ;-)

p.s. LOVING MY LASER LEVEL ..... So glad i listed to that tip!!!

50-50CentreLine.jpg shift-center-line-left.jpg Brick-Bond.jpg

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Q1 sink wall, if I'm reading this right, the 10mm slither will vanish with the tile on the joining wall, maybe a couple of mm gap, which is ideal for silicone.

Q2 if you move your tiles across so as to remove the small triangle cuts, what would that leave you at the other end of the wall.

I

itidiot

Cheers Alan, your a geezer.

Q1 Sink Wall - You are reading it right... I took into account the joining wall already... have attached another picture of the slither gap. vert Pencil line in corner is the thickness of adjoining wall tile. (no adhesive taken in account)

q2. i have plenty of cut tile either side 18cm or so... slither-offset.jpg

A

Alan M

how would it work out if you forgot the tile behind the sink and started with 2 tiles over the sink. maybe loosing that tile will save tiles in the long run as the way its working out is very wastefull. also you could do a 75-25 bond on the tile. maybe that would help

Reply to 2 Setting Out Questions = move centre line and off set brick bond in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen