Search the forum,

Discuss 2 questions in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cone

First one is about cutting around a radiator pipe. When its a new build, I use my diamond drill bit and have a nice round hole to slip over the pipe when I take the rad off when there's no water in the system. When its in older type houses, I do take the rad off to tile behind but when its big tiles, more times than enough if the pipe isn't inline with a grout line, I have to cut the tile behind the pipe so I can slide it in then cover with a floor/pipe cover. I know I can use a bigger dill bit and slide it over the isolating valve but this leaves a larger hole which IMO stands out more. Another method is to drain the system, take valve off and cut smaller hole to fit over the half inch rad pipe but this IMO is quite a lot more work just for 2 cuts. I know my methods might be amateurish so wanting to know is there another way around thus that I don't know about.

Another question, can anyone recommended a decent camera for before/after pics of my work. Im going to be building a website and don't want to be using my camera on phone because its not that great indoors. Don't have crazy amounts of money for a camera, maybe £200-£250.

W

White Room

I don't touch plumbing so when cutting rad pipes just cut a groove into the tile but once the tile is fixed I use an off cut to fit behind the pipe so I don't just fill the gap behind with grout.

C

cone

I don't touch plumbing so when cutting rad pipes just cut a groove into the tile but once the tile is fixed I use an off cut to fit behind the pipe so I don't just fill the gap behind with grout.

Yes, I do this as well but was hoping there's a better way around it.

O

Old Mod

Another question, can anyone recommended a decent camera for before/after pics of my work. Im going to be building a website and don't want to be using my camera on phone because its not that great indoors. Don't have crazy amounts of money for a camera, maybe £200-£250.

trouble is you need something with a wide angle lens, otherwise you can't get enough of the job in the picture. If you've a smart phone you can get a wide angle lens attachment. I've got one for my iPhone, they cost anything from a fiver up to about £60. Then u can edit them after if they're still too dark. If you are having a web site built by professionals they will enhance your images anyway.

D

Dash J

You could start a full tile off the rad pipes and leave a cut round the tails that way you are getting 2 neat checks,I don't like doing it this way because of size of cut maybe around 90mm,on the other hand I don't like seeing checks out of the tile as well,as white beam says if you do check u need to fill in with piece of tile,I have seen guys just infill with grout!! Not good

Reply to 2 questions in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen