Search the forum,

Discuss 1m square rectified polished porcelain in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi...help required please working out a price. I have 170 sq. m of the above to tile on a pumped screed. Dont need to sand floor, only brush and prime it, so no worries with prep. tiles probably wont score / snap cut so will need to wet cut them all, thus adding probably a day onto the job. Open plan house with one main room and two smaller ones to cut into. Using lash clips to ensure perfect finish.
My usual price on rectified polished porc would be between 30 - 35 p.sq.m.
What would be the going rate for fixing such large tiles...also any ideas how long it would take two of us to do the job (both good tilers, just never used such a big tile before)
Cheers in advance for your help :thumbsup:

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Got access to a cutter big enough from a local independent tile shop - a Siri cutter- Shop owner says he is unsure if it will cut dead straight on tiles (12-13mm thick) and thinks it may wander near one edge, hence above comment.
Good point and not necessarily re labour only - I can show materials separately as i have a price for them already. Would prefer an all in figure to show them (otherwise they can see what we are making !!)

D

DHTiling

I was just wondering if ya price was inclusive of addy etc..

A Sigma would cut them but as Siri.. pass neevr used one..

P

Peter

Used a Siri 900 before and was very capable.

Bound to be a tiler locally who would lend you a big sigma for a few days.

Reaction score
Chris, not here to Q your pricing or anything, but £35/£40 for laying a m2 by m2 tile (1 tile per m2) sounds a lot, I'm guessing your not going to price it at that rate.

Maybe it's a location thing, you'd be pushed to get anything near that here in Derbyshire.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Lee...the going rate according to a couple of local tilers that I rang today is between £40 and £50 per metre for such a tile (one even said £50 as a minimum). So guess location is a lot to do with it.

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
to me £40 per sq.m is a good rate, labour only :) You said two tillers will work. So no labourer to mix adhesive and back butter tiles?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Never in a million years would I get or any other tiler get that m2 for tiling around my way.
£50 a m2 for laying 1mx1m tiles,on a 100m2 floor,you would be earning a fortune,I'd get lynched,hung drawn and 1/4 and me head lobbed off around here if I even mentioned that kind of money.
£30 at most including addy and grout,if we are lucky and I mean really lucky.
Had one tile shop ring me and ask about floors,he said,his words " people are saying £20m2 for it,not a chance I be paying that,they be earning £150 a day"
I put the phone down

Reply to 1m square rectified polished porcelain in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen