Discuss 1800 Piece Mosaic Covers A Miami Store Front in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

1800 Piece Ceramic Mosaic Covers Entire Fashion Store Front in Miami.​

store.jpg

Fashion store Cult Gaia have opened a new store in Miami recently and the store front its self has been transformed into a ceramic work of art. Over 1800 ceramic tiles have been used to complete the beautiful frontage.​

The impressive artwork is by artist Michael Chandler and each tile has been painstakingly hand painted before being fixed to the store front. A whimsical mural, full of vegetation, birds and of course The Tree Of Life from which the artwork takes its title.

cult-gaia-miami-sugarhouse-designboom-1.jpg

The colours and images depicted are inspired by the Persian heritage of one of the designers Jasmine Larian Hekmat and do give off a temple feel. Inside the store is just as much as an art installation as it is a store, with domes and skylights completing the feel of the ancient temples.

You can visit the website for Cult Gaia here.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow that really is smart! Zoom in on the pic there is a load of detail in the work!

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Yeah I thought I would share as it looks quite impressive! Not sure how long it took!

Reply to 1800 Piece Mosaic Covers A Miami Store Front in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks