Search the forum,

Discuss 12cm hole in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbieraven

Hi Guys,

Anybody got any bright ideas, I've got to cut a 12cm diameter hole into a 600 x 300 tile. Trouble is the shower fitting cover gives me about 3mm tolerance all around before show, so it's got to be pretty perfect. Tiles are ceramic and about 6mm thick.

Cheers Rob

C

charlie1

No problem robot, use a 12mm core cutter (guessing you don't have one). Use a 10 then and once cut all the way through, make the cut wider by cutting again at an angle and changing direction of the cut, hope you follow

R

robbieraven

Thanks Guys, I have a mini grinder so will probably try that first. Saw a video on Youtube saying if you superimpose the hole on both sides of the tile and grind from both sides you'll soon meet in the middle.

C

charlie1

Oops, miss read that!! Ye, 120mm core from tradetiler is good or grinder and nippers

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Anybody got any bright ideas, I've got to cut a 12cm diameter hole into a 600 x 300 tile. Trouble is the shower fitting cover gives me about 3mm tolerance all around before show, so it's got to be pretty perfect. Tiles are ceramic and about 6mm thick.

Cheers Rob

Can i ask why?

Reply to 12cm hole in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen