• Thread starter brian c
  • Start date
  • Replies 44
  • Views 3K
  • usa
Search the forum,

Discuss 100 military death in Afghanistan in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

I'm sorry guys but the equpment issue is something the media built up to have a pop at the goverment.

The kit 'our' lads have dose the job just fine. All good infentry men know it dose. There is other so called better kit out there but that has its down falls. Problem is squaddys love to moan. It's a bit like tradesmen blaming there tools. Young and poor solders will bang there gums about there kit being rubish and wanting m16's rather than SA80's but If you look after the SA80 by simply keeping it clean then it has no problems and infact is one of the best small arms in the world.

The old body armor that is oftern moaned about is perfectly safe just heavyer than the newer type. Solder's oftern take the kevlar plate out because its heavy. this to me is not a problem withthe kit but more a case of solders being lazy.

Sorry if any one thinks thats a bit harsh but it is true. Just enlightening you guys a little because IMO civiys are missinformed.

and if you had to go and tile a pool with tubbed adhesive Dean, how would you react?

P

Prem Tiler

I don't think I owe any one an apology. When I commented on solders kit and the way squads take there Kevlar plates out there body armour it's because lad's in my section used to do it all the time and it used to drive me and others nuts. I commented on the way solders moan because they do. I must of spent 100 hours in kosovo winging and moaning (know to us as 'ticking')with my mates about every thing you could possibly imagine. FACT! rather than press coverage.

In Bosnia in 1998 some British press came to stay with us in the wool factory do do a fly on the wall documentary. While they were with us they spoke to a ta lad who started moaning about the food being rubbish.

The story they did was 70% about the poor standard of food the squads were getting in theater. Nothing wrong with that I hear you say. Apart from the fact the food we got in Bosnia was the best I've ever eaten as a serving solder.

One of my very good friends died in kosovo while I was there in 2000 another in Iraq in 2007 from a RSB.

I merely put pmsl because the way she went off on one about me being an arm chair supporter who knows noting about what the men are going through without checking 1st whether I did or not.

Granted I haven't served in Afghanistan but many many of me mates have and are in fact there right this second and I chat with them often so have an informed idea as apposed to reading the papers and gathering an idea.

It is the do gooders that serving squads really have a problem with. People looking down there nose at them when there putting there life on the line day in night out.

M

marke

it certainly stirs a reaction , im with MG personally but prob not the best place for venting our anger over the situation. :smilewinkgrin: . Poor soldiers :thumbsdown: heard on the radio we been in afganistan longer than we were in WW2 just beggars belief really.

D

DHTiling

Some good points have been aired and i don't think anybody has been out of order....it is a touchy subject at the best of times never mind on here..

So thanks for keeping it cival..:thumbsup:

P

Prem Tiler

it certainly stirs a reaction , im with MG personally but prob not the best place for venting our anger over the situation. :smilewinkgrin: . Poor soldiers :thumbsdown: heard on the radio we been in afganistan longer than we were in WW2 just beggars belief really.

unfortunatly were still on a peace keeping mission. The hardest conflect to tackle. I wont go in to the ins and outs because I'm sure you can all work out your self the advantages of fighting a war as apposed to being see as the good guy all the time but it will mean the whole prossess takes lifetimes longer.

P

Prem Tiler

Rifleman Philip Allen, 2nd Battalion The Rifles.

Cremated today in Poole, Dorset. He was local lad to me. Nice fella.

R.I.P son.

Attachments

• Rifleman Allen.bmp
    112.9 KB · Views: 8
U

user123

Really sorry about your mate, Dean, and thank you for explaining where you were coming from. You are the same age as my son, and I am sure we all much rather have a good row or discussion with any of you soldiers, ex or otherwise than visit you in hospital or worse.

:smiley2:

P

Prem Tiler

MG I wasn't rowing with ya just telling you all there is much bigger problems that the kit that aint as bad as the media make out. I guess when you read stuff on the forum without hearing the tone in some ones voice you can missinterprent there tone.

Reply to 100 military death in Afghanistan in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen